EPRI BWR VESSEL AND INTERNALS APPLICATION (BWRVIA) MODELING
EPRI's BWRVIA modeling is a Windows® based PC code that performs radiolysis and ECP calculations for specified regions in a BWR reactor vessel. Because sampling and ECP measurements in all regions would be difficult and costly, analytical modeling is the best approach. Once benchmarked, it can guide engineering and chemistry personnel with hydrogen injection operational strategies for IGSCC mitigation in regions of concern.
SI Chemistry Involvement with BWRVIA
- Assisted with beta testing for both Versions 2 & 3.1
- Delivered EPRI-sponsored, utility, and station training for model operations
- Performed analyses, developed reports, and provided recommendations for applying BWRVIA model results for multiple clients and utilities
- Proficiency with BWRVIA software is maintained by consistent hands-on use by our staff by serving multiple utilities and sites.
- Efficient use of time to gather required inputs, perform analyses and evaluate model outputs
- Eliminates training needs and costs for site personnel
- Tailored modeling and support to meet utility/station needs and budget
SI Chemistry supports HWC Ramp Tests:
- To effectively implement hydrogen injection strategies, a hydrogen ramp test shall be conducted [BWRVIP-62 Rev. 1].
- Provide on-site support with technical staff experienced with multiple tests at multiple sites
- Developing test plans " Determine feedwater hydrogen concentration required to reduce ECP less than -230 mV(SHE) in lower vessel head.
- ECP measurements correlated to secondary parameters (i.e. FW H2 injection rate, FW H2 concentration, RW DH, RW DO, MSLRM).Benchmarking plant data during ramp test to BWRVIA Version 3.1.
- Performed once per ten years unless a significant plant change occurs (i.e., EPU, regime change)
- Provide recommendations on station specific goals and limits for IGSCC mitigation