Structural Integrity provides strategies, analysis and software for managing the aging effects of metal fatigue from cyclic thermal stresses throughout the life of your plant.
Expert engineering analysis and application solutions aligned with NRC Fatigue Management Program Guidelines (10 CFR Part 26)
SI has been successfully helping clients manage metal fatigue for decades, and has developed an industry leading solution to pinpoint fatigue, predict long term effects, and inform maintenance strategies. The SI Fatigue solution is supported by continual investment in the following key areas for any Structures, System or Component of a nuclear power system.
- Expert transient and fatigue monitoring services for the nuclear industry. SI has developed fatigue monitoring systems to support plants in meeting their regulatory requirements for the majority of operating nuclear plants in the U.S. and for many international nuclear plants.
- Accurate and informative analysis using ASME Section III Code rules, and drawing from years of material assessment and material degradation analysis. The SI solution incorporates both plant-specific cycle and transient information, as well as design information to pinpoint and manage risk.
- SI helps engineering stakeholders manage their fatigue management programs. Services include ongoing transient and fatigue monitoring analysis, the identification of corrective actions, tracking the changing regulatory requirements for fatigue through extended operation, and providing consistency for the program as the plants age.
SI Fatigue Monitoring Software
SI developed the SI:FatiguePro transient and fatigue monitoring software to consolidate and simplify program management. It is the most widely used fatigue monitoring application in use today. The SI:FatiguePro platform was designed to allow engineering stakeholders to manage their plant specific information in a simple to use software platform.
Material Aging Management
Expert engineering analysis and application solutions supporting NEI 14-12 ‘Aging Management Program Effectiveness’ (AMP).
SI has an extensive history supporting the Nuclear Industry’s effort to effectively apply asset management strategies to maintain material life and extend the life of operating plants. SI is meeting this effort by simplifying how plant owners address material aging effects for Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs), and has developed expert solutions for piping, reactor vessel and components. The SI program leverages our expertise in stress analysis, monitoring strategies and field inspection techniques as effective engineering management programs to support plant life extension.
Buried & Below Ground Piping Systems
- Asset assessment, analysis and monitoring to address material condition and design and implement strategies for maintenance.
Service Water Systems
- Analytical solutions to help you effectively manage your service water piping systems. Our comprehensive set of evaluation methodologies provide program owners cost effective tools needed to maximize the life of piping assets and reduce outage time.
- Structural analysis and expertise to address the impacts of extreme events, as well as normal loadings over long periods of time. Our in-depth seismic evaluation methods quantify component-level fragilities.
SI Management of Aging Piping Application Software Platform
The MAPPro application integrates piping material design and inspection data to enhance planning and execution of piping inspections. MAPPro considers industry standards and applies advanced analytical methods to optimize inspection and monitoring activities.
- Low Energy Pipe Material Inspection Information and Life Cycle Analysis
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
*Join the conversation. Sign up to receive emails, events, and latest information!